When Zoe came home from school last Friday she was super exited. She rushed and opened her bag to show me a dreidel she made in class. Once she pulled it out I was as existed as she was. I am not sure what made me more existed the fact that Zoe understood the brilliance of this dreidel and wanted to share it with me so I can share it with you, or the simplicity, natural, easy to make, clean looking, and super spinning dreidel Zoe just showed me.
So here I am sharing this super easy tutorial with you.
You will need:
- Acorn shells (smaller ones work better)
- Modeling clay, you can find in any craft store. You could probably replace it with self hardening clay but I haven’t tried it.
- Matches (the ones with the square section that come in a drawer box)
Yes, that’s it.
- Break a small piece of the modeling clay and shape it to an elongated ball.
- Stuff the clay into the acorn shell; give it a little shape at the top.
- Place a match in the center of the modeling clay. Face down.
- spin, spin, spin